WE NEED YOU OR THIS BILL WILL DIE!
These Democratic legislators have NOT announced support for the National Popular Vote bill, HB 5434. Ahead of our Wednesday, April 26th Lobby Day, please call and email them! Despite having 57 co-sponsors, without their support, this bill WILL die!
Please start by emailing the Speaker of the House, Rep. Joe Aresimowicz: Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov or calling him at 860-240-8535.
Then move on to your representative and senator if they’re on the list. If you’re up for it, you can then reach out to legislators near you!
|Rep.||Abercrombie, Catherine||83||Meriden, Berlin||Catherine.Abercrombie@cga.ct.gov||860-240-0492||2002|
|Rep.||Aresimowicz, Joe||30||Berlin, Southington||Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov||860-240-8535||4105|
|Rep.||Boyd, Patrick||50||Brooklyn, Eastford, Pomfret, Union, Woodstock||Pat.Boyd@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1372||4005|
|Rep.||Currey, Jeff||11||East Hartford, Manchester, South Windsor||Jeff.Currey@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1378||4010|
|Rep.||Dillon, Patricia||92||New Haven||Patricia.Dillon@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1377||4019|
|Rep.||Gentile, Linda||104||Ansonia, Derby||Linda.Gentile@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1372||4109|
|Rep.||Guerrera, Antonio||29||Newington, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield||Tony.Guerrera@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1377||2301|
|Rep.||Miller, Patricia Billie||145||Stamford||Patricia.Miller@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1375||4033|
|Rep.||Paolillo, Alphonse||97||New Haven||Alphonse.Paolillo@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1371||5008|
|Rep.||Rovero, Daniel||51||Killingly, Putnam, Thompson||Danny.Rovero@cga.ct.gov||860-240-1371||4004|
|Rep.||Tong, William||147||Stamford, Darien||William.Tong@cga.ct.gov||860-240-0532||2502|
|Senator||Doyle, Paul||9||Cromwell, Middletown, Newington, Rocky Hill & Wethersfieldfirstname.lastname@example.org||860-240-0475|
|Senator||Hartley, Joan||15||Waterbury, Middlebury & Naugatuckemail@example.com||860-240-0006|
|Senator||Kennedy, Ted||12||Branford, Durham, Guilford, Killingworth, Madison & North Branfordfirstname.lastname@example.org||860-240-0455|
|Senator||Larson, Timothy||3||East Hartford, East Windsor, Ellington & South Windsoremail@example.com||860-240-0511|
|Senator||Leone, Carlo||27||Stamford & Darienfirstname.lastname@example.org||860-240-0589|
|Senator||Slossberg, Gayle||14||Milford, Orange, West Haven & Woodbridgeemail@example.com||860-240-0482|
Democrat or Republican, we need you to contact your state representative and state legislator before the end of the day Wednesday and let them know – even if it’s for the umpteenth time – that you want them to support the National Popular Vote bill, HB 5434.
If you haven’t filled out our volunteer survey about how you’d like to be involved, please take a minute and do so – this bill won’t pass without your help!
HOW TO EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT FOR HB 5434
Communicating in your own words is best, but here are ways to express your support that you can use as starting points, or to copy & paste. Explain why this is important to you.
- Presidential candidates rarely campaign in Connecticut. With the National Popular Vote Compact, HB 5434, every vote in CT would matter and candidates would pay attention to us. Do you favor the Compact? If not, why don’t you believe that every vote should matter equally?
- I’m tired of hearing that battleground states are the only ones that matter in presidential elections. What about Connecticut? With HB 5434, the National Popular Vote Compact, our votes would matter the same as votes in OH, FL and PA. Please let me know if you support the bill, and if not, why not?
- I’m writing to let you know I support HB5434, the National Popular Vote Compact that awards the presidency to the candidate who receives the most votes nationwide. The Compact would make one person, one vote a reality. Are you in favor of the Compact? If not, can you explain why every vote shouldn’t count equally, no matter what state you live in?
- I believe in a democracy every vote should matter equally and the president should be the candidate who gets the most votes. Under the current state-by-state winner-take-all method of awarding electoral votes, it doesn’t work that way. Please support HB5434, the National Popular Vote Compact. Will you vote yes on HB5434? If no, why not?
- Please co-sponsor HB 5434 to elect the President by the popular vote in all 50 states. Please let me know if you support the bill, and if not, why not?
- Please support HB 5434 so that every vote matters equally when we elect our President. Will you vote yes?
- I think the candidate who gets the most votes should win. Please support HB 5434, the National Popular Vote Compact. Will you vote yes?
- Please co-sponsor HB5434 to help make one person, one vote a reality. Will you vote yes? If no, why not?
- Please co-sponsor HB5434, the NPV compact. In a democracy every vote should matter equally and the president should be the candidate who gets the most votes.
- I’m tired of hearing that battleground states are the only ones that matter. With HB 5434 our votes would matter the same as votes in OH, FL and PA.